Saturday, February 27, 2010

How low can you go...

Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse, the Celts drop one to the lowly Nets at home. The C's cut the deficit to 6 with about 2 minutes left, but the Nets held on to beat the Celtics 104-96 at the Garden. Brook Lopez could not be stopped and led the Nets with 25 points. KG paced the home-team and led all scorers with 26 points. The other bright spot was Marquis Daniels who dropped 16 points on 8 of 9 shooting. You can say it was the refs all you want, but the C's lack of agression led to the Nets getting to the line 41 times to the C's 11 times. That is just RIDICULOUS. The Celts also struggled (to put it lightly) behind the 3-point line shooting 16%. 'Sheed led the way going 1 for 5 beyond the arc. So what happens now? Who knows. But as a fan, I only know one thing-this team, these inidividual players, need to ask themselves some serious questions. Do I want to win a championship? Do I want to go out there and give it 100% every game? Why am I here? Do some soul-searching Boston Celtics. The C's are now off until Tuesday when they travel to Detroit to face the Pistons. Tip-off is at 7:30pm. After today's loss, I had alot to say, and I knew Celtics fans would too. Here is a clip from a live UStream broadcast I did today postgame. It starts with Nick and I from NorthStationSports.com discussing the C's recent struggles, and concludes with the always fired-up and outspoken Mike aka "The Scotsman" venting some of his frustration...

No comments:

Post a Comment