Saturday, May 16, 2009

Aztec Gino...



Last year at Game 7 of the Eastern Semis, I met an interesting character at the C's game. He is a very jovial, friendly fellow who dresses in a "Gladiator" type get up and waves a flag and dances around to get the crowd fired-up. I'm sure by now everyone is familiar with "Gino", who is the main character in a clip the C's show of people dancing in the 70's. The clip is played at, or near the end of each Celtic's home victory. I decided to call this guy "Aztec Gino", as his get-up reminded me of an Aztec warrior. Well, he liked it, and got a t-shirt bearing the name "Aztec Gino", and the rest is history. He has now exploded onto the scene with YouTube clips, and even being acknowledged by the C's tv broadcasters. Aztec Gino is a devoted fan who is at seemingly every home game. Keep an eye out for him.

1 comment:

  1. Jamey,

    Thanks for the posting the clips and article - I appreciate it!

    Yes, we are taking Game 7 tonight!! I will come and look for you at the Garden!

    AztecG

    ReplyDelete