Saturday, September 12, 2009

KG's new kicks...






As some of you know, I am a big fan of sneakers-especially Celtics player editions and Celtic "themed" kicks. Today I got a look at KG's new Adidas TS Commanders via Sneakernews.com. KG has worn the Commander model for the last 3 years or so. This year's edition has a great look that includes small shamrocks with the number 5 in them. There is also a small "5" on the heel strap, and the sneaker is quite perforated for alot of breathing/ventilation. Foot Locker should be releasing them sometime in November of this year. In other kicks-related news, Ray Allen, who wears JordanBrand, was doing a sort of sneaker scavenger-hunt yesterday. He put a few pairs of Jordans that he had leftover from last year in his car and was driving around and hiding them in various locations. One of the locations was a school in Brookline not far from where I work! I was very tempted to tell my boss I had to step out for a moment, but I feared they would've been long gone by the time I got there. According to Ray, (via his Twitter page) he will be stashing more J's in the future. Twitter is amazing. It has truly revolutionized the way athletes can interact with their fans-and I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment