Sunday, October 10, 2010

Bench comes through big...

Just got in from watching the Celtics beat the Raptors 91-87 at the Garden. Saw Kendrick Perkins on my way in and he seemed very upbeat. He was as cool and humble as always, stopping to shake my hand and tell me he had a great summer.

Now on to the game: Nate Robinson led the C's with 13 points to go with 2 boards, 2 assists, a steal and 3 of 5 shooting from beyond the arc. Jermaine O'Neal had 3 blocks and 2 boards but did not score in his Celtic debut. He looked solid on defense though and had a ferocious block on Amir Johnson (pic above) that really got the crowd up. But in my eyes the key guy tonight was Marquis Daniels. He dropped in 11 points had 3 boards an assist and a steal. He really got into a good rhythm and worked well with the 2nd unit. Two of his baskets were set-up beautifully by clean, crisp passes from Semih Erden who continues to amaze me with his skill-set. The starters all played roughly 20 minutes tonight, with the exception of Shaq who played about 16. He had another solid night with 11 points, 5 boards & 2 blocks.

It was great to get back to the Garden and see alot of friends that I had not seen since last season's playoffs. Here is some video and a pic I snapped from my seats. C's next play on Tuesday at Philly. Tip-off is at 7pm.




No comments:

Post a Comment