Monday, April 6, 2009

Yoakustoms




Not alot going on today with the C's. I learned via YahooSports' NBA page that Rondo turned an ankle in practice today, but nothing serious according to Doc. Also, Doc was quoted as saying something to the extent that KG, Powe and Scalabrine would all be practicing sometime in the next couple of weeks. That would be great, but I'll believe it when I see it. At this point, I think we'd all be kidding ourselves if we think KG is going to be 100% by playoff time. It would be great to see him partake in the postseason, but it's going to take alot. This injury seems alot worse than the team is leading on to..But now on to better news. A short time ago, I learned of Yoakustoms-a custom sneaker artist who was work has been featured on numerous websites, SpikeTV and quite a few other places. After seeing some of the incredible work Yoa does, I contacted Yoa about making me a pair of custom kicks in homage to Paul Pierce. For those who don't know, P2's signature Nike kicks only come in kids' sizes. So Yoa bounced some sketches and ideas off of me, and the final product is a Nike Dunk high in kelly green and white. Now these pics were taken before the final touch-ups were done, but you will still be amazed. You can view more of Yoa's work at www.Yoakustoms.com, and can also get info there about how to get your own. Goodnite Celtics fans.....

1 comment:

  1. i gotta get me some of these, i especially like that second photo up there, I like the TRUTH written on the back. thanks for letting me know, im gonna check that website right now...

    ReplyDelete